Q: Which CITB Health, safety and environment test do I need to take?
For most CISRS cards any CITB Health, safety and environment test can be accepted. The exception to this is the CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor card which requires a Supervisor level CITB Health, safety and environment test. Click on the following link for further information on the CITB Health, safety & environment test
Q: Can I use my Safety Passport as an exemption?
A current CCNSG Safety Passport can be used as an exemption to the CITB Health, safety and environment test. Click the following link for further information on exemptions
Q: Is my CSCS card an exemption for the Health & Safety requirement?
No, a CSCS card is not an exemption to the Health and Safety requirements of the card. A CITB Health, safety and environment test must have been passed within 2 years of the CISRS team receiving your application form, alternatively Click the following link for further information on exemptions
Q: How can I renew my card?
The requirements for renewal depend on the card you wish to renew, click here for information on the requirements for each card type Click here for information on the requirements for each type of card. Please note CISRS cards can only be renewed within 6 months of the current card’s expiry date.
Q: What do I need to check the validity of a CISRS card?
In order to confirm the validity of a CISRS card we require a minimum of the 3 pieces of data from the following list:
- CISRS Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- National Insurance Number
- Home Address/Postcode
Q: Do I need to include my certificates when renewing my CISRS card?
No, unless further training (such as Systems Training) has been completed since your last card was issued and you wish to have this training added to the back of your card.
Q: How can I make payment?
The application fee for a CISRS card is £26.50. Payment can be made by cheque or postal order, these should be made payable to CITB. Credit/Debit Card payments can be made through the CISRS Helpline on 0844 8157223.
Q: What happens to my payment if my application gets rejected?
Please note that all application fees are non-refundable. The fee is an application/administrative fee, it does not guarantee that a CISRS card will be issued unless all relevant CISRS requirements are met. We will hold your payment for up to 180 days to give you enough time to resolve your rejected application. Any applications returned after 180 days will be subject to a further non-refundable application fee of £26.50.
Q: Why might my application get returned?
The most common reasons for an application being returned are as follows:
– Proof of CISRS Operative Training Scheme (COTS) course not submitted with application (for Labourer and Trainee cards)
– Training requirements not met Click here to see training requirements for each card type.
– Missing signatures on the application form (applicants must sign the application in Section A and the Employer/Training Provider must sign the application in Section C).
– A current passport style photograph not attached to the application.
– A CISRS Trainee card can only be renewed once after the CISRS Part 1 has been achieved. Applicants must then achieve the CISRS Part 2, NVQ Level 2/SCVF Level 5 and CISRS 1-Day Skills Test during the life of their 2nd Trainee card to be eligible to apply for the Scaffolder card.
Q: How can I appeal against a rejection notice?
If you wish to appeal against a rejection notice, you must complete a CISRS APPEALS FORM and return it with all requested information/documentation.
An application for a CISRS card would need to be received within 2 years of taking the COTS course. If a COTS certificate is over 2 years old, a further COTS course would need to be taken.