CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test and Recognised Exemptions
Prior to the issue or renewal of CISRS cards it will be necessary to pass the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test (H, S & E Test).
For the purposes of card applications the H, S & E test will remain valid for a period of 2 years only.
If a further card application is made outside of this period the applicant would be required to complete a further test.
CISRS do accept some other industry recognised Health and Safety qualifications as an exemption to the H, S & E test.
Those listed below must be completed within 2 years of the date of application.
- Completion of CISRS Recognised Scaffolding Apprenticeship Induction (Initial Trainee card only)
- IOSH Working Safely/IOSH Managing Safely/IOSH Directing Safely/SHE For Constructors Workers/Safety Health & Environment for Construction Site Managers
- NEBOSH (General/Construction/International) H&S Certificate
- SMSTS Certificate
- SSSTS Certificate
- Site Safety Plus HSA
- GQA Level 1 Award in Construction Health and Safety
Current copies of the following qualifications will be accepted:
- Current CCNSG Safety Passport (SCATS)
- Current CCNSG Leading a Team Safely (SCATS)
- Current MIST/BOSIET/OPITO Approved Offshore Certificate
- SOLAS Safe Pass
For these exemptions to apply, a copy of the certificate must be attached to the application form.
Please note: when applying for CISRS Management and Supervisory Cards that only CITB Supervisors H, S & E Test, Management & Professional tests or Supervisory and Management level exemptions are accepted e.g. CCNSG Leading a Team Safely, SSSTS, SMSTS, NEBOSH, IOSH Managing/Directing Safely.